How to Become A Professional Makeup Artist or Professional Makeup Artists Near Me?
Before considering a career as a makeup artist, you must do field research. That’s the primary way to avoid pitfalls. Is there room in your geographical area for another makeup artist? What is the competition like? Are you willing to travel for, say, a wedding? How far? Is your car dependable? If you don’t want to travel, is your city big enough for you to get the client base you need? Also get the scoop on pay in your area. It will vary, Professional Makeup Artists Near Me in South Africa even in one town, depending on your clientele. Working for a wedding planner, you will make more than working for a mall photography shop. Find out what the highest and lowest income opportunities are.
Freelance or Corporate: Perks and Pitfalls if your research gives you a green light, the next step is to decide between the freelance life and the employee life.
Working for a company, perhaps being a sales rep for your favorite cosmetics brand, or being the on-call makeup artist for a film production company, you can count on a regular paycheck and perhaps even benefits.
Joining the growing group of freelancers, you’ll need to spend at least 50% of your work day on marketing yourself.
LicensingIn either case – freelance or corporate – the next step is to become accredited.
Get the information on the legal, health, and educational certification required by your state, county, or town. Take classes from an accredited beauty school (many have generous scholarship programs).
How to Get WorkNow you’re ready for the most critical part of becoming a professional makeup artist: marketing yourself.If you want to work for a company, you can send resumes to spas, beauty salons, and specific cosmetic companies. Once you get a job, you are on your way to a career. You can make contacts, work your way up in the organization, acquire mentors, and get that most magical benefit of all – experience. If you get a job with a specific cosmetic company, they may require you to take additional classes focusing on their products. Usually they will pay for that.
The other requirement of being a freelancer is that you’ll have to stock your own makeup kit. This is an investment, and if you make money, chances are you’ll be able to deduct the costs of your cosmetics.Many women are going “green” these days, so be sure your makeup kit is filled with earth-friendly, skin-friendly, and non-animal tested products. If you want to specialize and use only vegan products, you could use that as a compelling marketing tool.
Being “known” for a unique niche is also a great way to catch business. You could specialize in makeovers, anti-aging looks, head shots for actors (although many actors prefer to do their own makeup), or runway and catalog makeup for models.
Whether you apply to work for a company or go freelance, remember: there is no guarantee that you will immediately earn enough money to live on. Go into the process with enough money saved up to keep you in the black for at least six to twelve months. And decide ahead of time how long you’re willing to go without clients. Market your services with an organized plan, and be persistent.
Going into the makeup artist business can be an awesome life change – financially and emotionally. Do it with care, do it with intelligence, do it with a plan – and you could be living your dream.
Interesting Facts About Professional Makeup Artists Near Me in Centurion:
About Professional Makeup Artists Near Me in Centurion:
It's important that your makeup look its absolute best for your wedding day. Whether you plan to marry on a beach at noon or at night under the stars, by keep your makeup simple you will look and feel great. You don't want to much, nor too little, a natural look is very important. This is not the time to be experimenting with new looks. Your makeup should enhance your beauty not hide it. Here are some tips to help with you achieve your pefect bridal makeup:
- If you are having a facial done, make sure it is at least two weeks prior to your wedding.
- If your skin is prone to breakouts, see your dermatologist 3 or 4 months before your wedding
- Staying hydrated is important to keeping you looking refreshed. Drinking lots of water will also flush out impurities from the skin.
- Eyebrows should be shaped 5-7 days before the wedding. Be sure not to pluck on your wedding day because you could land up with unattractive red bumps that are difficult to cover.
- On your wedding day blend your makeup well and let set. You do not need extra makeup to please the camera - that's a myth.
- Choose a lipstick that lasts. Apply just prior to walking down the isle. Go easy on the lip liner. Be sure to check that you don't have lipstick on your teeth.
- Line and fill mouth with a neutral pencil to make lipstick stay on longer.
- To lengthen wearing time of your lipstick, apply a light layer of powder over your lipstick then apply another layer of lipstick
- If you are doing your own makeup, see a beauty consultant and purchase your make up at least 3 months in advance. Then practice until you've got the perfect makeup.
- Waterproof mascara is a great idea just incase you get a little weepy.
- A very light application of facial powder will set your makeup and reduce
- Keep your powder, mascara, and lipstick in your purse so you can freshen up at a moments notice.
- If you discover that dreaded pimple on your wedding day, do not squeeze it! Just apply a drop of visene to get the red out, cover with concealer, and apply foundation.
- Wear a button shirt when applying your makeup so you don't mess up your makeup. When slipping into your gown put a towel over your face so you don't get makeup on your wedding dress.
- Avoid glittery or dewy looks - these are not very receptive for photographs and you may come out looking greasy
- If your wedding is outside be sure to apply sunscreen first
- Water based foundation looks most natural in photos
- For eye contouring, apply a dark but neutral in the crease of the eye. You can line the upper and lower lids (optional) with brown or grey shadow, smudging the outer corners
- If you need to make your eyes look wider or brighter, use a white pencil to line the inside of the lower lids.
- Don't get too much sun before your wedding. Sunburns, peeling skin and tan lines can sabotage your special day.
- Make certain your wedding photographer is "not" using grainy film, because no matter how good your makeup is, with grainy film it will not look good
- Make sure your wedding photographer is using high quality film so your photos do your wedding makeup justice
- For your makeup to look good in your photos, it must be completely matte and in neutral tones, brides usually prefer a little color. Pastels look soft and pretty, but avoid glitter, shimmer and frosted eyeshadows.
- Shine is the #1 enemy for photos.
- Don't apply white or black eye shadow
- Olive complexions should not use gray shades
- Pale complexions should not use vibrant colors.
To relieve stress you can have a makeup artist do your wedding day makeup. If you enjoy doing your own makeup but need some more tips, visit a makeup consultant.
It's your day! You are going to look absolutely beautiful!
Professional Makeup Artists Near Me in Centurion
The process of beautifying human bodies using cosmetic products is known as makeup. The latest fashion trend has made vast advancements in the field of makeup. Apart from enhancing the appearance, makeup has also the capability to hide the aging of people to some extent. This is the reason why middle aged men and women go in for makeup especially during special occasions. The importance of makeup in various fields and occasions has increased the need of experienced makeup artists. That is why makeup artist schools started functioning in large numbers. People having creative skills can brighten their career by studying in suitable makeup artist schools.Course Features of Makeup Artist SchoolsMakeup artist schools offer proper guidance and essential knowledge required in the application of different makeup. Generally the regular courses of these schools are conducted during day time. In addition, there are also evening and weekend courses in makeup. The curriculum is specially designed to offer classic courses to enable the students to perform their jobs confidently. In these schools, students are offered comprehensive hands on training programs to familiarize them with latest makeup products and tools.Nowadays the lifestyle of people gives very much importance to smart appearance. This can be achieved only by ideal makeup. A professional makeup man can do this job to the best satisfaction of the customer. Hence, this profession will be very demanding in the years to come also. There are world famous makeup schools to fulfill these requirements. The comprehensive hands on training offered are sufficient to render confidence in students. The experienced faculties and the method of teaching in these schools are capable to meet the upcoming changes in the makeup fields.
Georgio's Review of Mac Cosmetics
As a theatrical make up artist, you use your skills to design and create a desired look. To do so, you may use a variety of tools, formulas and products. SummitFashions is introducing a new exclusive product to you: Exotic Eyes. Exotic Eyes are eye makeup kits that are bold, strong and glamorous.Each Exotic Eye kit has a different look, design and style. Most importantly, each kit is reusable for multiple shoots, events and shows. Each kit includes pre-designed applications, false eyelashes, eye glitter and eye paint with step-by-step instructions. As an artist you can customize the look of each kit by adding additional eye make up and your signature style.The benefit of character consistency is important for not only for stage, but also for video and movie shoots. When scenes are shot out of sequence it is important for the artists on set to maintain regularity and reliability among characters. Finding long lasting, professional eye makeup is a necessity to achieve this. As a professional make up artist Exotic Eyes are a must-have!
- Professional Makeup Artist Websites Johannesburg
- Hair And Makeup Artist Near Me Parkmore
- Professional Wedding Makeup Artist Rivonia
- Prom Makeup Artist Near Me Hyde Park
- Professional Name For Makeup Artist Morningside
- Wedding Makeup Artist Near Me Soweto
- Professional Makeup Companies Rivonia
- Airbrush Makeup Artist Near Me Duxberry
- Makeup Stylist Near Me Sunninghill
- Wedding Hair And Makeup Near Me Rivonia
- Prom Makeup And Hair Artist Near Me Kempton park
- Makeup Artist Near Me Prices Sandton
- Good Makeup Artist Near Me Gauteng
- Traveling Makeup Artist Near Me Bryanston